RhinoLite and Rhinoboard ceilings
What is a RhinoLite and Rhinoboard ceiling?
Ceiling plaster is a hemihydrate gypsum plaster that is lightweight and progressive. It is made specifically as a combined basecoat and multi-purpose finishing plaster for indoor use on sandstone, concrete block, concrete and Gyproc RhinoBoard, and ceilings.
It is also suitable for use as a finishing plaster over sand cement basecoats.
RhinoBoard is a plasterboard that is made out of an aerated or foamed gypsum core that is enclosed in and firmly bonded to special paper liners.
Ceiling board is a lining/cladding material used for ceilings, drywalls, and dry lining. RhinoBoard is a noncombustible material that is used as a lining in fire-rated drywall and ceiling systems.
Is it possible to RhinoLite over a painted ceiling?
Consumers can use RhinoLite to apply a thin coat to a textured wall or ceiling to achieve a smooth surface.
For both products, an application of bonding liquid should be placed over previously painted surfaces. This guarantee a proper adhesion between plaster and wall. Yes, it is perfectly acceptable to RhinoLite over paint the majority of the time. You only need to offer proper preparedness.
Is RhinoLite and Rhinoboard a good choice?
- Yes, it is without a doubt the best option. It provides a great smooth finish that no other product can match.
- Ceiling plaster may be used on practically any surface or substance you can dream of.
- It is incredibly light, and nearly all artisans love to work with it.
- It can be applied substantially faster; estimates at the time range from 25% to 50% faster than sand/cement.
- It creates better working conditions as a result of a cleaner location.
- It is now easier to manage the site cleanup.
- When used as a base coat, it minimizes the bond issues that can occur on two-coat work due to the shrinkage of fatty/low-quality sands.
- The shrinkage of cracks are reduced.
Is ceiling plaster and plaster board a good choice?
It costs more than regular plaster and ceiling boards. Can you, however, compare price to durability, strength, and quality? It is the greatest alternative for a longer-lasting product.
Our home renovation services include: