Different Types of Roofing
There are lots of options for roofing materials available and here are some of the most popular ones:
Asphalt Shingles Roof Tiles
- Asphalt shingles are easy to install.
- Fire, wind and hail resistance.
- Solar reflecting to consume low energy.
- Asphalt shingles are environmentally friendly because they can be recycled.
- Algae resistance.
- Using asphalt shingles for your roofing will give you value for money.
- Low-cost maintenance.
- Lighter and easier to handle, so installation is easy.
- The lighter weight reduces transportation costs.
- They are designed to have the same look of almost any product out there (clay, slate, asphalt shingles, shake).
- Low maintenance.
- Durable and can last for longer than 50 years.
- It is compatible with water collection.
- Extremely fire-resistant.
- Metal isn’t porous, which makes roofs extremely waterproof.
- Metal roofs do well to endure wind damage.
- Reflect solar radiant heat.
- It is easy to install.
- Low Weight.
- Energy Efficiency.
- Depending on the material, metal roofs can last 40-70 years.
- Environmentally friendly.
Concrete Tile Roofing
- Available in a range of colours.
- Concrete is a very heavy material, this means that installation can be somewhat complex.
- Withstand hail, high winds, and even fire.
- Resistant to rot and insect damage.
- Environmentally friendly material.
- Energy efficient.
- Low maintenance.
Clay Tile Roofing
- They are durable and fire and wind-resistant.
- like concrete, clay is very heavy and requires proper support.
- Clay roof tiles add significantly to a home’s resale value.
- Clay tiles are available in a few colours.
- Environmentally friendly and energy-efficient
- The curved shape of clay tiles allows for ventilation
- Low Maintenance – Roof maintenance is almost non-existent with clay tile roofs.
- The biggest advantage of installing a slate roof on your home is the appearance.
- Roof tiles are also fireproof and environmentally friendly.
- Energy-efficient – Slate is a very energy-efficient material.
- Long lifespan of 100 years.
- Durable and low maintenance.
- Having a thatched property adds value.
- Thatch is a natural insulator that will keep your house cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- It is made of a flexible material that can be shaped on any roof.
- The weatherproof thatch on the roof can withstand strong winds.
Building Renovations and Extensions including:
Plumbing, Fencing, Paving, Tiling, Electrical, Geysers, Blocked drains, Ceilings, Waterproofing, Steelworks, Roof repairs and all types of handy-work. We also provide building maintenance services for Complexes and Commercial Properties.
Contact Details: Tel: 082 725 2586